Now you can bring those old dust-collecting prints into michaels for an easy and affordable service to archive and preserve your most precious family memories. We can even create a beautiful slideshow movie with music so you can look back on the good times in style. So grab that old shoebox in the cupboard and let us take care of the rest!
How to prepare your prints for scanning:
1. Remove each print from its album, making sure that no tape or glue is stuck to the back and any staples are removed.*
2. Place all prints in the order you would like to have them scanned and number each print on the back (Additional charges apply for specific order.) For non-ordered scans, please have horizontal prints all together and vertical prints all together. Put images of the same size together (4x6 grouped, 5x7 grouped, 8x10 grouped etc).
3. Remove all tape, staples, paper clips, glue or other attachments from the prints. Mounted and damaged prints can be scanned for an additional charge.
4. Please take note that images requiring special care will incur a handling charge. (This includes images with rips, cracks, tears, glue, tape, staples, thick backing or anything that requires flat-bed scanning.)
* we can also scan old photos that are ‚Äúpermanently stuck‚ÄĚ in old style ‚Äúmagnetic photo albums‚ÄĚ without the need to remove them.