Offering the realism of a live sound field, the AT4050ST is a side-address condenser with cardioid and figure-of-eight elements configured in a Mid-Side arrangement. This innovative stereo condenser allows sound recordists the choice of selecting a left-right stereo output or choosing discrete Mid-Side signals for later manipulation, a remarkable flexibility. The microphone’s dual-diaphragm capsules maintain precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range. Its transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion.
- Innovative side-address Mid-Side stereo microphone engineered for professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Independent cardioid and figure-of-eight condenser elements
- Switch selection of Mid-Side mode and two internally matrixed stereo modes
- Dual-diaphragm capsules maintain precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics remain constant over years of use
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Integral 80 Hz high-pass filter switch and 10 dB pad switch
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
Cardioid and Figure-of-eight
|Low Frequency Roll-off||
80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
|Open Circuit Sensitivity||
Stereo 90°: -42 dB (7.9 mV) dB re 1V at 1 Pa
|Maximum Input Sound Level||
Mid and Side: 149 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;159 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
Stereo 90°: 25 dB SPL
|Dynamic Range (Typcial)||
Mid: 134 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
Stereo 90°: 69 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
|Phantom Power Requirements||
48V DC, 6.4 mA typical (both channels total)
90°, 127°, M-S; Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)
193mm long, 53.4mm maximum body diameter
Integral 5-pin XLRM-type
5.0 m long, 8-conductor, shielded, vinyl-jacketed stereo cable with 5-pin XLRF-type connector at microphone end and two 3-pin XLRM-type connectors at output end
AT8449 shock mount for 5/8″-27 threaded stands; 5/8″-27 to 3/8″-16 threaded adapter; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case
|Audio-Technica Case Style||
The Lav-Headset is an innovative and ergonomic headset-style wearable mount that offers increased versatility...
Start tracking serious vocals in your home studio with the Rode NT1-A -- a time-tested...
The SMR is a revolutionary shock mount for large diaphragm condenser microphones from RØDE....
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
|Melbourne||(03) 9672 2222|
|Sydney||(02) 8004 7945|
|Brisbane||(07) 3103 1429|
|Perth||(08) 6444 7811|
|Adelaide||(08) 8470 8977|
|Darwin||(08) 8911 1262|
|Canberra||(02) 6176 0125|
|Hobart||(03) 6107 9442|
|Auckland||(09) 887 0479|
© 2018 michaels camera video digital.