Audio-Technica’s AT4060a cardioid vacuum tube condenser brings the warmth of vintage tube sound to every shade of the SPL spectrum. With a dynamic range that far exceeds that of other tube microphones, it as easily captures the subtlest nuances of vocal and instrumental performance as it handles guitar cabinets and other extreme SPL environments. Featuring hand-selected, individually tested and aged tubes, the AT4060a achieves the coveted, classic sound of valve design without compromising the specification standards required for the most demanding recording situations.
Audio-Technica takes no chances with this microphone’s consistency and reliability: every AT4060a is individually tested and inspected for 100 percent quality assurance—rare in today’s world of mass-marketed studio microphones.
AT4060a – Vintage sound, rock-solid reliability and amazing versatility for studio and live performance. From Audio-Technica’s premium line of 40 Series condenser microphones.
- Vintage tube sound with the versatile performance necessary for the most demanding studio applications
- Hand-selected tubes are individually tested and aged to maintain peak performance
- Regulated and heavily filtered heater current prevents noise contamination of audio signal chain
- Wide dynamic range, low self-noise and high max SPL capability
- Large coupling transformer provides superior low-frequency linearity
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
Externally polarized (DC bias) condenser
|Open Circuit Sensitivity||
34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
|Maximum Input Sound Level||
150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;
19 dB SPL
|Dynamic Range (typical)||
131 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
75 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
AT8560 power supply (120V/230V AC)
|Weight (Power Supply)||
Microphone: 210mm long, 53.4mm maximum body diameter
XLRM-type (on power supply)
10m cable with 6 pin XLR-type connectors for use between microphone and power supply; AC power supply cable
AT8560 power supply; AT8447 shock mount for 5/8″-27 threaded stands; rack-mount adapters for power supply; protective mic carrying case
Start tracking serious vocals in your home studio with the Rode NT1-A -- a time-tested...
The Lav-Headset is an innovative and ergonomic headset-style wearable mount that offers increased versatility...
The SMR is a revolutionary shock mount for large diaphragm condenser microphones from RØDE....
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
|Melbourne||(03) 9672 2222|
|Sydney||(02) 8004 7945|
|Brisbane||(07) 3103 1429|
|Perth||(08) 6444 7811|
|Adelaide||(08) 8470 8977|
|Darwin||(08) 8911 1262|
|Canberra||(02) 6176 0125|
|Hobart||(03) 6107 9442|
|Auckland||(09) 887 0479|
© 2019 michaels camera video digital.