Delivering the warmth and natural sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica’s handcrafted AT4081 offers a robust build for long-lasting performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers. With its low-profile stick design, this microphone is a natural for use on a wide range of instruments (horns, strings, drum overheads, orchestras and more) and guitar cabinets in recording studios and live-sound settings.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica’s innovative MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. With 18 patents pending, Audio-Technica’s innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference.
- Low-profile stick design maximizes placement options
- Smooth, warm and natural sound tuned for instrument reproduction
- Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending including proprietary MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Superfine mesh guards against ribbon damage
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
|Open Circuit Sensitivity||
-42 dB (7.9 mV), re 1V at 1 Pa
|Maximum Input Sound Level||
150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
25 dB SPL
|Dynamic Range (Typcial)||
125 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
69 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
|Phantom Power Requirements||
48V DC, 3.0 mA typical
155mm long, 21mm maximum body diameter
Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
AT8471 isolation clamp for 5/8″-27 threaded stands; 5/8″-27 to 3/8″-16 threaded adapter; windscreen; protective carrying case
|Audio-Technica Case Style||
Highly sensitive 1.8 micron ribbon element Bi-Directional Polar Pattern Internal Shock Mounting System Custom...
With the groundbreaking AT4080, Audio-Technica achieves the coveted ribbon microphone sound while solving the problems...
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
|Melbourne||(03) 9672 2222|
|Sydney||(02) 8004 7945|
|Brisbane||(07) 3103 1429|
|Perth||(08) 6102 6382|
|Adelaide||(08) 7200 3773|
|Darwin||(08) 8911 1262|
|Canberra||(02) 6176 0125|
|Hobart||(03) 6107 9442|
|Auckland||(09) 887 0479|
© 2018 michaels camera video digital.