Introducing Audio-Technica’s premier studio vocal microphone, the AT5040 cardioid condenser. The debut of our flagship 50 Series, the AT5040 represents a milestone in condenser design, offering remarkably musical high-fidelity performance, with profound realism and depth, presence and purity of sound.
Designed as a first-choice vocal microphone, the AT5040 features an extremely smooth top end with controlled sibilance. Large-diaphragm characteristics and fast transient response also make it ideal for recording acoustic instruments such as piano, guitar, strings and saxophone.
- Audio-Technica’s premier studio condenser vocal microphone
- Extremely musical high-fidelity performance, with profound realism and depth, presence and purity of sound
- Four rectangular diaphragms (2 micron) function together as Audio-Technica’s largest-ever element, providing combined surface area twice that of a standard circular one-inch diaphragm
- Exceptionally low noise and wide dynamic range ideal for studio vocals
- Discrete components carefully selected for optimized capsule performance
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Hand built and inspected for 100% quality control
- Advanced internal shock mounting decouples the capsule from the microphone body
- Elegant, durable housing of aluminium and brass
- Included advanced-design custom AT8480 shock mount provides superior isolation
- Custom hard-shell carrying case with die-cut foam compartments offers protection during storage and transport
Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
20 – 20,000 Hz
|Open circuit sensitivity||
–25 dB (56.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa*
|Maximum input sound level||
142 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
5 dB SPL
|Dynamic range (typical)||
137 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
89 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa*
|Phantom power requirements||
48V DC, 3.8 mA typical
165.3mm long, 57mm maximum body diameter
Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
AT8480 shock mount for 5/8″-27 threaded stands; protective carrying case
The Lav-Headset is an innovative and ergonomic headset-style wearable mount that offers increased versatility...
Start tracking serious vocals in your home studio with the Rode NT1-A -- a time-tested...
The SMR is a revolutionary shock mount for large diaphragm condenser microphones from RØDE....
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
|Melbourne||(03) 9672 2222|
|Sydney||(02) 8004 7945|
|Brisbane||(07) 3103 1429|
|Perth||(08) 6102 6382|
|Adelaide||(08) 7200 3773|
|Darwin||(08) 8911 1262|
|Canberra||(02) 6176 0125|
|Hobart||(03) 6107 9442|
|Auckland||(09) 887 0479|
© 2018 michaels camera video digital.