The AT5047 is a premier studio microphone that is equally at home with vocals and instruments. Boasting an exceptionally wide dynamic range – the greatest among all Audio-Technica microphones – the AT5047 captures the full, expressive character of a sound source, no matter how loud or how soft. And since it is equipped with a transformer-coupled output, the microphone maintains a constant load output impedance, even when capturing sources at extreme SPL, resulting in a stable relationship between the mic and a mic preamp or console input.
In keeping with the 50 Series’ commitment to purity of sound, the AT5047 includes the four-part rectangular element originally developed for the AT5040. Four exquisitely matched ultra-thin diaphragms function together (with outputs proprietarily summed) as Audio-Technica’s largest-ever element, providing combined surface area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm.
By using four diaphragms in a single capsule, the AT5047 delivers the benefits of an exceptionally large diaphragm – along with an extremely low noise floor – without increased weight, decreased transient response or other drawbacks that typically restrict diaphragm size.
The AT5047 also incorporates the AT5040’s advanced internal shock mounting design, which effectively decouples the capsule from the microphone body, and comes with the innovative AT8480 shock mount, first introduced with the AT5040.
Each AT5047 microphone is hand assembled and individually inspected for 100% quality control. The microphone is enclosed in an elegant housing of aluminium and brass with a high-quality silver finish.
Discrete components have been selected for optimized performance. In fact, every aspect of the microphone has been carefully considered to minimize any effects on the audio signal.
- Exceptionally wide dynamic range captures the full, expressive character of instruments and voices – from the caress of drum brushes to powerful vocal performances
- Four rectangular diaphragms (2 micron) function together to provide a combined surface area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm
- Discrete components carefully selected and optimized for maximum performance and compatibility with standalone microphone preamps and console inputs
- Transformer-coupled output provides smooth sonic character
- Hand assembled and inspected for 100% quality control
- Advanced internal shock mounting decouples the capsule from the microphone body
- Elegant, durable housing of aluminum and brass
- Included advanced-design custom AT8480 shock mount provides superior isolation
- Custom hard-shell carrying case with die-cut foam compartments offers protection during storage and transport
Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
20 – 20,000 Hz
|OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY||
-29 dB (35.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
|MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL||
148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
6 dB SPL
|DYNAMIC RANGE (typical)||
142 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
88 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
|PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS||
48V DC, 2.7 mA typical
592 g (20.9 oz)
165.3 mm long,
Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
AT8480 shock mount for ?”-27 threaded stands; ?” to ?” stand adapter; protective carrying case
|AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE||
The Lav-Headset is an innovative and ergonomic headset-style wearable mount that offers increased versatility...
Start tracking serious vocals in your home studio with the Rode NT1-A -- a time-tested...
The SMR is a revolutionary shock mount for large diaphragm condenser microphones from RØDE....
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
|Melbourne||(03) 9672 2222|
|Sydney||(02) 8004 7945|
|Brisbane||(07) 3103 1429|
|Perth||(08) 6102 6382|
|Adelaide||(08) 7200 3773|
|Darwin||(08) 8911 1262|
|Canberra||(02) 6176 0125|
|Hobart||(03) 6107 9442|
|Auckland||(09) 887 0479|
© 2018 michaels camera video digital.