The Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens is a peerless super fast standard lens featuring an ultra-large aperture for a narrow depth of field and soft background blur so loved by photographers everywhere. The lens is suitable for any shooting situation; its lens coating and construction are optimized to minimize the ghosting and flare that frequently occurs when lenses are used with digital cameras.
This high-performance, weather-resistant lens delivers all the superb image resolution and contrast one can expect in a Canon L Series lens.
- Large f/1.2 Aperture
- A large maximum aperture of f/1.2 provides outstanding speed for shooting in low light conditions, without the need for flash. The large aperture also provides fine control over depth of field.
- Excellent Background Bokeh
- A circular aperture helps to create attractive, even background bokeh; ideal for isolating subjects at large apertures and for compelling portrait photography.
- Fast, Quiet AF
- A Ring-type USM (Ultrasonic motor) uses ultrasonic frequency vibrations to drive extremely rapid auto focus with near-silent operation. A high-speed CPU and improved AF algorithm contribute further to AF speed. Good holding torque stops the focusing lens group without overshoot. Full time electronic manual focus override is available without having to switch out of AF.
- Super Spectra Coatings
- Super Spectra lens coatings and lens element shaping suppress flare and ghosting - more prone to occur with digital cameras due to reflection off the image sensor. Coatings also help achieve true colour balance and increase contrast for vivid hi-fidelity images.
- Passes Distance Information to E-TTL II
- The lens passes distance information back to the E-TTL II flash system of compatible EOS cameras to ensure optimal flash metering.