Drobo iSCSI SAN storage is designed to provide reliable and high performance storage to servers running business critical applications like data protection, email, and server virtualization. It connects seamlessly to your existing TCP/IP network and utilizes the industry-standard iSCSI protocol to provide simple, consolidated storage for your servers.
The 8-bay cost effective B800i model is ideal for data protection or for small business building a SAN for the first time.
An iSCSI Drobo can hold up to 24 TB of raw storage and beyond. To add capacity, simply insert a new hard drive or replace your smallest drive with a larger one, even when all drive bays are full. Unlike traditional RAID systems, the BeyondRAID technology in Drobo enables you to leverage different drive capacities, allowing for continuous expansion as larger drives become available. With Drobo, expansion is automatic, instantaneous, and access to data is always maintained.
Drobo can protect from single or dual drive failures and has a virtual hot spare capability ensuring all drives are used at all times.
Optimizing Business Applications
Like with business applications, Drobo is ideal for building your first server virtualization cluster and had been certified for VMware vSphere and Citrix Xen Server environments.
Drobo is also a cost effective way to provide reliable storage for your backup server and has been certified for use with Symantec Backup Exec.
About iSCSI SANs
iSCSI can be used to connect storage directly to servers using a high-speed connection, or it can be used to create a Storage Area Network (SAN) with to 2, 5, or 10 plus servers.
With an iSCSI SAN, centralized storage is provided to each server over a high-speed network and storage can be allocated or expanded instantaneously. Also, any single server does not tie up free space and there are fewer storage devices to maintain.
All Drobos have carrier-less drive insertion. This means there are no special parts or screws that have to be added to the drives before they are inserted. It's like inserting a cassette tape into a video recorder.
The modular design of the B1200i model delivers enhanced availability and serviceability for environments hosting business-critical applications. This allows fans and power supplies to be replaced without taking the Drobo down.
While both Drobo SAN storage models can be rack mounted, the Drobo model B800i is compact and quiet, making it ideal for workgroup environments that need storage located in an office or on a desk.
Even the faceplate is magnetic, with the manual on the back. Primary management is by using drive status lights and visual capacity gauge.
And, all Drobos look good too!
Most modern storage arrays aggregate disks and prevent against single drive failures using a 20-year-old technology called RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks). While RAID has served many businesses well, it requires up-front knowledge of its functionality and has many shortcomings. BeyondRAID technology, built into every Drobo, addresses these shortcomings and makes virtualizing disk drives usable by everyone. BeyondRAID provides these enhancements over traditional RAID:
* Thin Provisioning as a fundamental capability allows for infinite capacity expansion by just replacing a drive with a larger one
* Instant Expansion occurs when a new, or larger, drive is inserted without any disruption in service
* Drobo's volumes are Smart Volumes, pulling needed storage from a common pool and then returning deleted blocks back to the common pool
* Mixed Drive Utilization allows you to insert any drive, of any size, or any type, and Drobo will optimally use it - check out our interactive Capacity Calculator
* Automatic Protection Levels ensures the best algorithm is used to protect from drive failure depending on the number of drives that are inserted without any user configuration
* Dual Disk Redundancy enhances BeyondRAID protection by guarding from multiple drive failures
* Virtual Hot Spare utilizes all drives at all time - no drives sitting idle waiting for one to fail
* Drobos are Data Aware, intelligently handling data for added resiliency, performance, and management
* Drive Re-ordering allows Drobo disk packs to be moved to another Drobo, and even re-ordered, while still functioning - try that with RAID
* 2 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports
* USB 2.0 port for management
* 8 drive bays
* 3.5 Inch SATA 1 / SATA II drives
* Expandable by hot-swapping drives with larger ones. Use our capacity calculator to estimate available storage in various configurations. Go to Capacity Calculator.
* Thin Provisioning
* Instant Expansion
* Mixed Drive Size Utilization
* Automatic Protection Levels
* Dual Disk Redundancy
* Virtual Hot Spare
* Data Aware
* Drive Re-ordering
* Smart Volumes (LUNs, up to 255)
* Drive Spin Down
* Drobo Copy
* Connection failover
* Jumbo Frames (up to 9000 Kb MTU)
* CHAP Authentication
Operating System Support
* Windows 7
* Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
* Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
* Windows 2008 Server
* Windows 2003 Server
* Mac OS X 10.5.6 or greater (Intel Only)
* Mac OS X Server 10.5.6 or greater (Intel Only)
* Linux (support is currently in Beta)
* VMware vSphere 4.x
* XenServer 5.6
File System Options
* Windows: NTFS
* Mac OS X: HFS+
* Linux: EXT3
* VMware: VMFS
* VMware vSphere 4.x
* Citrix XenServer 5.6
* Symantec Backup Exec 2010
* Drive bay indicator lights, capacity gauge, status lights
* Drobo Dashboard version 2.0 or later
Size and Weight
* Width: 12.17 in (309.1 mm)
* Height: 5.46 in (138.7 mm) - 3 rack units
* Depth: 14.10 in (358.1 mm)
* Weight: 16 lbs 3 oz (7.34 kg)
Power and Cooling
* Single, fixed power supply
* Dual, fixed cooling fans
* Idle system (standby, drives off): 13 watts
* Typical idle system (idle, drive spin down mode, eight drives): 25 watts
* Typical busy system (eight drives): 82 watts
* Normal operation: 30.4 dB
* Environmental: RoHS; WEEE; REACH
* Regulatory: FCC Part 15 Class B; Canada ICES-003 Class B; CE Mark; CISPR22:19973rd Edition Class B; MIC Mark; VCCI Approval to V.3; BSMI Approval to CNS13438; ACA Approval to AS/NZS 3548
* Safety: UL;cUL; TUV; CB
* Drobo model B800i
* 2 Ethernet cables
* Power cord
* Quick Start Instructions
* User Guide
* Resource CD, includes:
* Drobo Dashboard application
* elp files
* Electronic Documentation
DroboCare. Simple, Powerful Protection for Your Drobo Storage.The DroboCare support program extends your peace of...
This is a replacement power supply for the following Drobo units: Drobo Mini
Protective carrying case that holds a Drobo Mini, a power supply, and a connectivity...
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
|Melbourne||(03) 9672 2222|
|Sydney||(02) 8004 7945|
|Brisbane||(07) 3103 1429|
|Perth||(08) 6102 6382|
|Adelaide||(08) 7200 3773|
|Darwin||(08) 8911 1262|
|Canberra||(02) 6176 0125|
|Hobart||(03) 6107 9442|
|Auckland||(09) 887 0479|
© 2016 michaels camera video digital.