The Manfrotto 490 Maxi Ball Head is ideal for digital and traditional photographic equipment from 35mm to large format.
The Manfrotto 490 made from in die-cast aluminum with precision phenol resin ball. The Manfrotto MF 490's features make it versatile and ideal for digital and traditional photographic equipment from 35mm to large format.
The Manfrotto 490 features separate locks on 360° pan and +90 -90° tilt movements, with an additional friction control on the ball movement to give just the right resistance and smoothness with minimum effort, even with varying weight of equipment on board. The Maxi Ball Head attaches to the camera via a 50mm platform with an ingeniously combined 1/4" and 3/8" male thread. Head to tripod attachment is 3/8" female.
Manfrotto 490 Maxi Ball Head Features:
• separate control for pre-setting the friction of the ball when unblocked.
• sturdy all-metal construction
the double 90° groove (one on each side of the head) means switching from landscape to portrait is convenient however you're set up
• a repositionable ratchet means that the locking lever's action will never be blocked either open or closed by interference • with the camera body, tripod shoulder, etc... simply pull the lever outwards and it's free to be positioned more comfortably without affecting the locking mehanism. Then you can continue tightening or loosening the knob.
• a separate lock on the panoramic axis allows for rotation adjustment or panning to be carried out without losing framing
• SLR cameras with mid-long focal length lenses and zooms
• medium format cameras
• large format cameras
height 14.0 cm
weight 1.05 kg
load capacity 12.00 kg
panoramic rotation 360 °
independent pan lock yes
tilt drag continuously adjustable from 0 to max level
lateral tilt -90° / +90°
quick release no
ball friction setting yes
plate type fixed - with 1/4" - retractable 3/8" screw
attachment (bottom) 3/8" female thread
FOR USE WITH EASI-POD & EASI-POD Jr.
FG Series Tripods
The Manfrotto 504PLONG Quick-Release Mounting Plate is the long version of the standard camera plate...
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
|Melbourne||(03) 9672 2222|
|Sydney||(02) 8004 7945|
|Brisbane||(07) 3103 1429|
|Perth||(08) 6102 6382|
|Adelaide||(08) 7200 3773|
|Darwin||(08) 8911 1262|
|Canberra||(02) 6176 0125|
|Hobart||(03) 6107 9442|
|Auckland||(09) 887 0479|
© 2017 michaels camera video digital.