This lens has signs of minor cosmetic wear on the body and base | It is 100% functioning and includes full 2 year Nikon Australia Warranty
The incredibly powerful AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Lens from Nikon is a super telephoto zoom that delivers images with superior image quality. The lens features the innovative Vibration Reduction (VRII) system that allows handheld telephoto zoom shooting even in poorly lit conditions. The VRII system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed approximately four shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible. The lens is built with Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) which provides swift autofocusing with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation. And the lens can be switched quickly from AF to manual focus.
There are four switches conveniently positioned on the rear of the lens barrel used to engage different focusing modes. While autofocusing, the focus can be locked by engaging the AF-L switch; the AF-ON switch allows quick autofocusing on and off. When you engage the Memory Set switch you can focus on a subject and store the focused distance in the lens' memory; it stores the information even if the camera is turned off. By switching to Memory Recall the lens will automatically return to the stored focal length. For example, if you are shooting a baseball game you can pre-set the focus from the camera to second base, shoot action at another area of the field, then engage Memory Recall to quickly capture the action at second base without having to refocus.
This lens features a 20-elements/17-groups construction with Nikon's Nano Crystal Coat lens coating and four ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens elements which help to yield color-corrected images with minimal distortion and aberrations.
The AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II lens is a photographer's dream come true for getting in close while capturing sports and wildlife images and is a great tool to help explore your creativity.
Note! Be careful not to hold the camera body when the lens is attached, as this may cause damage to the camera. Be sure to hold both the lens and camera when carrying.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Modes
Vibration Reduction (VR II) minimizes image blur caused by camera shake (cancelable). Two available VR modes :
Normal mode covers for regular hand shake with support for panning as well as tracking shots. For example, when panning (horizontally) while tracking a moving subject, vibration reduction suppresses only vertical hand shake.
Active mode is available to suppress vibration when shooting while on a moving vehicle.
- VR II Compensation
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Focusing Options
- With this lens the following focusing options are provided:
- Autofocusing with manual override (A/M) mode prevents accidental switching from autofocus to manual focus.
- Manual Focus (MF) priority mode enables manual focusing by rotating the focus ring while autofocus is operating.
- Manual Focus (M) is the manual focus mode.
- In addition to these three focusing modes, you can focus utilizing the Focusing Limit switch which restricts AF operation within a certain shooting distance.
- Accurate Exposure Control
- More accurate exposure control is possible when this lens is mounted on a Nikon camera having 3D Matrix Metering capability, because subject distance information is transferred from the lens to the camera body.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- The Nano Crystal lens coating further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- Four ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Elements
- Four ED elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Three Focus Modes
- The lens features an A/M mode, joining the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
- Versatile Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens
- This powerful super-telephoto zoom lens is perfect for sports and wildlife shooting offering constant maximum aperture and VR II image stabilization.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- IF provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
- Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- The exclusive SWM enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Rugged Construction
- This powerful lens features enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens.
- Close Auto Focusing
- Focus to 6.6' (2 m) using AF or 6.4' (19.5 m) using manual focus enabling striking image perspectives.
- Rounded Nine-Blade Diaphragm
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm renders a near circular aperture, so out-of-focus images in front or behind the subject are rendered as pleasing blurs.
- This lens is compatible with Nikon TC-14EII (AF/MF), TC-17EII (MF), TC-20EII (MF) and TC-20EIII (MF) teleconverters.