Effective pixels 16 million pixels Optical zoom 5.0x Super Resolution zoom combines for a total zoom 10.0x Wide angle 28-140mm
Water-, dust-, and impact-resistant 28 premium shot modes Smooth Imaging Engine IV High-capacity battery (good for about 300 shots)
HD movies USB batterycharging
No. of effective pixels (camera) Approx. 16.00 million
Image Sensor 1/2.3? CCD (approx. 16.40 total million pixels)
Lens Focal length 5–25 mm (35 mm format equivalent: 28–140 mm)
F-aperture F3.9 (wide-angle) to F5.4 (telephoto)
Distance Approx. 3 cm – ∞ (wide-angle), 50 cm – ∞ (telephoto) or 3 cm – ∞ ("Loupe")
(from the front of the lens)
Lens Construction 13 elements in 10 groups
Zoom Optical 5x (35 mm format equivalent: 28–140 mm)
Super resolution (SR) 2x, for a combined zoom of 10x (35 mm format equivalent: 280 mm)
Digital 4.8x, for a combined zoom of 48x (35 mm format equivalent: 1344 mm)
Auto Resize*1 7.2x, for a combined zoom of 36x (35 mm format equivalent: 1000 mm)
Focus Modes Multi AF, spot AF, face-priority multi AF, subject tracking AF (contrast-detect AF / with AF auxiliary light)
Blur Reduction Image sensor shift image stabilization
Shutter Speed *2 Photographs 8, 4, 2, and 1–1/2000 s
Movies 1/30–1/2000 s
Continuous mode Frame rate *3 Approximately 1 fps
Exposure Control Metering Multi (256 segments)/center-weighted/spot
Mode Program AE
Compensation Manual exposure compensation (–2.0 to +2.0 EV in increments of 1/3 EV)
(auto mode, center-weighted metering) 3.2-17.7EV(wide angle), 4.1-19.4EV(telephoto), (Exposure range for auto ISO calculated using values for ISO 100.)
ISO sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity) Auto, ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 800, ISO 1600, ISO 3200
Noise reduction AUTO
White Balance Auto, multi-pattern auto, outdoors, cloudy, incandescent 1, incandescent 2, fluorescent, manual
Flash Mode Auto, on, off (red-eye reduction option available in camera menus)
Range Approx. 20 cm – 3.5 m (wide-angle) or 50 cm – 3.0 m (telephoto), measured using auto ISO with a maximum of ISO 1600, measured from the front of the lens)
Picture display 2.7? transmissive LCD monitor with approx. 230,000 dots
Shooting Mode*4 Normal, movie, premium shot (P, portrait, night portrait, hand-held night scene, party, cooking, sweets, loupe, landscape, beach, snow, sports, fireworks, auction, skew correction, pets, miniaturize, toy camera, high contrast B&W, soft focus, cross processing, black & white, sepia)
Image size (pixels) Photographs 4608 x 3456, 4608 x 3072, 3456 x 3456, 4608 x 2592, 3648 x 2736, 2592 x 1944, 2304 x 1728, 1280 x 960, 640 x 480
Movies*5 1280 x 720, 640 x 480
Storage media SD and SDHC memory cards (up to 32 GB), internal memory (approx. 40 MB); Eye-Fi cards (X2 series) supported
File Format Photographs JPEG (Exif version 2.3) *6
Movies AVI (Open DML Motion JPEG compliant)
Compression JPEG baseline compliant
Other notable shooting options Continuous mode; self-timer with shutter release delay of approximately 10 or 2 seconds and group portrait auto release; framing grid
Other notable playback options Multi-frame playback, favorites, privacy settings, resize, skew correction, image cropping, slide shows, DPOF print selection
Interface USB 2.0 (High-Speed) mini-B connector, Mass Storage compatible *7, AV output 1.0 Vp-p (75 Ω), HDMI micro output terminal (type D)
Video Signal Format NTSC, PAL
Power source One DB-100 rechargeable battery; AC-U1 USB power adapter
Battery life *8 Approximately 300 shots with DB-100 (Off selected for Sleep Mode) *9
Dimensions (W x H x D) 100 mm x 55 mm x 21.3 mm
Weight Approx. 156 g (includes memory card and supplied battery)
Approx. 136 g (camera only)
Water and dust resistance Class 8 JIS/IEC water resistance, class 6 JIS/IEC dust resistance (IP68); can be used underwater to a depth of 3 m for up to 60 minutes at a time
Operating temperature 0 °C to 40 °C
*1 VGA images only.
*2 Upper and lower limits vary according to shooting and flash mode.
*3 As measured by RICOH using a Panasonic PRO HIGH SPEED 8 GB SDHC class 10 memory card. Frame rate and maximum number of frames vary with shooting conditions and with the type and condition of the storage de-vice.
*4 The options available vary with image size.
*5 Individual movies may be up to 4 GB in size or 29 minutes in length.
*6 Compatible with the Design Rule for Camera File System (DCF, a JEITA standard) and Digital Print Order Format (DPOF). Full compatibility with other devices is not guaranteed.
*7 Mass Storage is supported under Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, and Mac OSX 10.1.2–10.6.6.
*8 Measured according to CIPA standard. For reference only; actual number of shots varies greatly according to how camera is used.
*9 Approximately 320 shots can be taken when 10 seconds is selected for Sleep Mode.
* Impact resistance measured under RICOH test conditions with the camera off and does not guarantee that data or the camera’s exterior finish will be free from damage. Do not deliber-ately drop the camera or subject it to other forms of impact.
* Damage caused by the entry of water, dirt, sand, or other foreign matter or by salt, falls, shocks, pressure, or other non-natural causes while the cover is open is not covered under warranty.
RICOH PX Software
RICOH PX System Requirements
Operating system Windows® XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 / Professional Service Pack 3
Windows Vista® Service Pack 2
Windows® 7 32bit / 64bit
CPU Pentium ®IV : 1.6GHz or more,
Pentium ®M : 1.4GHz or more,
Core™2Duo : 1.5GHz or faster
Memory Windows® XP : 512MB or more
Windows Vista® / Windows® 7: 1GB or more
Available disk space on hard drive
at installation time 300MB or more
Display Resolution 1024 x 768 dots or greater
Display Colors 65000 colors or greater
USB Port A USB port compatible with the above-mentioned computer
* When the RICOH PX is connected to a PC, only a USB connection can be used. Serial connection is not supported.
* It is necessary for the above OS to be preinstalled and for the USB port to be standard equipment.
* 64-bit operating systems, Windows® XP and Windows Vista® are not supported.
* The RICOH PX is compatible with Mac OS X 10.1.2 to 10.6.6 by mass storage connection.
SD Memory Card Storage Capacity
(Number of Images and Time)
Mode Image Size Internal
(40MB) 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB
[Hand-Held Night Scn]
and [Auction]) 16M 4:3 6 153 312 612 1252 2508 5032
14M 3:2 7 173 351 689 1409 2823 5664
12M 1:1 8 204 415 815 1666 3339 6698
12M 16:9 8 204 415 815 1666 3339 6698
10M 4:3 10 242 491 965 1973 3953 7930
5M 4:3 15 373 758 1490 3045 6101 12238
1M 4:3 43 1059 2118 4160 8505 17039 34181
VGA 4:3 169 4028 7681 15082 30828 61759 123888
Movie HD 1280 7s 3min.
VGA 640 22s 8min.
50s 145 min.
[S-Cont]/[M-Cont] 16M 4:3 6 153 312 612 1252 2508 5032
Night Scn]) 4M 4:3 19 465 945 1856 3795 7602 15251
([Auction]) 1M 4:3 93 2237 4389 8619 17617 35294 70800
* The maximum recording time is the estimated total recording time. Movies may be up to 4 GB in size or 29 minutes in length.
* A Speed Class 6 memory card is recommended when recording movies with [HD 1280] selected for [Movie Size].
* The maximum number of consecutive shots that can be taken using continuous mode is 999. When the number of remaining shots is 1000 or more, "999" is displayed on the picture display.
* The number of remaining shots displayed on the picture display may differ from the actual number of shots, depending on the subject.
* Movie recording time and the maximum number of still pictures may vary depending on the capacity of the recording destination (internal memory or SD memory card), shooting conditions, and the type and manufacturer of the SD memory card.
* Choose image size according to how the picture will be used.
Ricoh soft leather case to protect your camera from the bumps and scratches associated with...
This is a hinged-type self-retaining lens cap for the GX200 and Caplio GX100 cameras....