The Rode smartLav+ is a lavalier microphone for your Apple or Android mobile device that is designed to deliver high-quality audio recording. The smartLav+ clips on to your shirt or lapel, and the sensitive, omnidirectional condenser capsule captures the sound equally from all sides of the microphone. This design lends to effective, hands-free recording of speeches, interviews, dictations and more.
The smartLav+ is equipped with a Kevlar-reinforced cable that has been strain tested up to 10kg to help ensure reliable performance. It uses a grey-sleeved TRRS connector to connect into your smartphone or tablet's headphone input and it works with most audio recording apps.
The smartLav+ also features improved sensitivity and higher signal-to-noise ratio over the original smartLav. The package comes with mic clip with cable management, a foam pop shield and a small carry pouch.
Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad Air, iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, iPod touch (4th and 5th generation) & many Android devices.
- Works with any audio app that records from the headset input
- Record, EQ, edit and publish your audio with Rode Rec App for Apple iOS (not included)
- Foam pop shield softens vocal plosives and wind noise
- Mic clip with cable management included for neatly securing microphone to clothing
- Small pouch included for storage and transport
- Combine with SC3 adaptor to use with TRS devices
- Combine with SC6 dual TRRS input adaptor to use two smartLav+ with one smartphone
||0.10" (2.54 mm)
||60 Hz ~ 18 kHz
||3k ? Typical
|Signal to Noise Ratio
||110 dB SPL (@ 1 kHz, 1% THD into 1 KΩ load)
|Maximum Output Level
||189.0 dBu (@ 1 kHz, 1% THD into 1 KΩ load)
||-35 dB (17.8 mV @94 dB SPL)
|Equivalent Noise Level
||83 dB typical
||46.5 x 0.18 x 0.18" (1180 x 4.5 x 4.5 mm), mic and cable
||0.211 oz (6.00 g)