- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to 16
- One AA & Three Aspherical Elements
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF System
- Physical Aperture Ring Can Be De-Clicked
- Minimum Focus Distance: 12"
- Dust and Moisture Resistant
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Circular 9-Blade Diaphragm
Fast, sharp, and loaded with the latest technology, the Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA Lensfrom Sony offers full-frame E-Mount shooters a classic wide-angle focal length with excellent optical performance. The fast f/1.4 maximum aperture provides very effective low light capability and shallow depth of field control. Its advanced optical design - including aspherical and advanced aspherical (AA) lens elements combined with ZEISS T* coating - deliver outstanding image resolution and suppresses reflections for excellent contrast and clarity.
The Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF System employs piezoelectric elements oscillating at ultrasonic frequencies to drive the focus lens with accuracy and near-silence. The quiet AF and wide aperture make this an ideal prime lens for recording video and filmmakers will love the responsive physical aperture ring that can be changed from clicked to de-clicked with the flip of a switch on the lens barrel. The circular 9-blade aperture helps to create pleasing out-of-focus highlights and a dust and moisture resistant barrel design enable this lens to be used confidently in inclement weather.
- Wide Angle Prime Lens for Full-Frame E-Mount Cameras
- This 35mm prime lens offers a moderately wide focal length, ideal for landscapes and interiors as well as documentary photography and photojournalism. Its f/1.4 maximum aperture is effective in low light and enables shallow depth of field control. When used on APS-C E-Mount cameras, it provides a 35mm focal length equivalence of 52.5mm.
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motor
- The quiet and precise DDSSM focus drive employs piezoelectric elements oscillating at ultrasonic frequencies to drive the focus lens groups. The system is remarkably quiet, making it ideal for video recording. It also improves the precision of "focus wobble" employed to achieve optimum focus when shooting movies.
- Responsive Aperture Ring
- A responsive aperture ring offers positive action that will satisfy professional photographers and filmmakers alike. The aperture ring click stops can be switched on or off as required. "Off" is the preferred setting for moviemaking since it results in the least aperture operation noise. When "On" the ring provides tactile feedback that is useful when shooting stills.
- Aspherical and Advanced Aspherical Elements
- Advanced Aspherical and Aspherical lens elements minimizes spherical aberration while also reducing lens size and weight. Specially shaped "aspherical" elements near the diaphragm restore alignment of light rays at the image plane, maintaining high sharpness and contrast even at maximum aperture and can also be used at other points in the optical path to reduce distortion.
- ZEISS T* (T-Star) Coating
- This lens features the ZEISS T* (T-Star) coating that virtually eliminates lens flare, internal reflection and light scattering that can otherwise occur at glass-to-air surfaces. The T* coating contributes to outstanding image quality, with high contrast and uniformly excellent resolution from edge to edge across the image frame.
- Robust Build
- Water and dust resistant sealing enable this lens to be confidently used in outdoor setting and inclement weather.
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on APS-C Format Focal Length: 52.5 mm
|Camera Mount Type
||Sony E (Full-Frame)
||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
Sony NEX (APS-C)
|Angle of View
APS-C Picture Angle: 44°
|Minimum Focus Distance
||.98' (.3 m)
||Approx. 3.09 x 4.41" (78.5 x 112.0 mm)
||1.39 lb (630 g)