ZEISS T* (T-star) coating, five aspherical elements including a large diameter AA (advanced aspherical) element with outstanding surface precision, and three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements in a high-performance optical design.
Constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range
Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
16-35mm wide-angle zoom for 35mm full-frame format bodies offers outstanding performance in a compact, lightweight package.
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- One AA Element; Four Aspherical Elements
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Linear Autofocus Motor; Internal Focus
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Seven-Blade Circular Diaphragm
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and colour fidelity.
- Three extra-low dispersion glass elements are featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for improved clarity and colour neutrality.
- Five aspherical elements, including one large-diameter Advanced Aspherical (AA) element, are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- A linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enable accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
||16 to 35mm
|Angle of View
||107° to 63°
|Minimum Focus Distance
||11.02" / 28 cm
||12 Elements in 10 Groups
||72 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
||3.07 x 3.88" / 78 x 98.5 mm
||18.3 oz / 518 g
In The Box
Lens Front Cap
Lens Rear Cap
24-month Australian warranty
from Sony Australia