A new type camera with 1.0 inch -type sensor ultra-compact camera with waterproof and shockproof design.
With boundless capability contained within a strong, waterproof, miniature body, the Sony RX0 combines cutting-edge imaging performance and rugged, ready-for- anything design for more versatile operation all around, whether on its own or with multi-camera systems and accessories.
Shoot freely. View the results as you like. With so much creative shooting freedom at your fingertips, your power to bring your visions to life is limitless.
This is new type of camera which offers entirely new imaging possibilities for today’s creators.
The RX0 (model name: DSC-RX0) marries the hallmark leading image quality of the Sony RX series with advanced photo and video capabilities, all compressed into a robust and ultra-compact body.
Designed to facilitate creative expression beyond current limitations, RX0 is equally
adept at shooting still images or filming video on its own, as well as when included as part of a multi-camera set-up to maximize creativity. Its miniature dimensions and all-around versatility allow creators to approach unique photographic and videographic challenges in new ways, always with the assurance of high quality results.
Weighing just 110 grams and measuring 59mm x 29.8mm x 40.5mm (WxDxH) the RX0 redefines how small and light a premium compact camera can be.
The new model can be used as a standalone camera or as part of a multi-camera rig in any kind of shooting conditions including rain, underwater, space-limited, sandy or dusty environments and more.
Multiple RX0s can be linked together in a variety of ways to film and produce unique content like bullet-time, time-slice and many other unique styles of content creation. Sony’s wireless radio commander, the FA-WRC1M can be used to trigger up to fifteen 12 RX0’s simultaneous, while Sony’s PlayMemories™ Mobile 13 app allows up to five RX0 models to be connected and controlled wirelessly from any paired device. A wireless multi-camera shooting solution capable of connecting additional RX0 units when an access point is used 14 is currently under development with a target release date of January 2018 via firmware update.
For users looking for a more reliable wired connection, a camera control box is being developed and will also be released in January 2018.
The new RX0 camera features a 1.0-type stacked 15.3 MP 6 Exmor RS CMOS image sensor, BIONZ X™ processor and a wide-angle ZEISS® Tessar T* 24mm F4 fixed lens to deliver high resolution and less distortion results for both RAW and JPEG stills and across all supported video formats. It is equipped an Anti-Distortion Shutter that can shoot as fast as 1/32000 second, as well maximum burst shooting capability at up to 16 fps, ensuring that even fast moving objects are beautifully and accurately rendered. Its small size also makes it an ideal choice for casual shooting, street and travel photography and more.
The new portable RX0 is waterproof 1,2 at depths of up to 10 meters (33 ft) on its own, and can be used at up to 100m 15 (330 ft) depth when paired with the new MPK-HSR1 Housing. The camera is shockproof 3,1 when dropped from up to 2 meters (6.5 ft) and crushproof 4,1 to 200kg / 440lb / 2000N, making it durable enough to withstand tough shooting conditions including rain, sand, dust, snow and more, where traditional cameras simply cannot operate.
On the video front, the RX0 is packed with a variety of creative and powerful features including super slow motion capture 8 at up to 960 frames per second, 4K clean HDMI output to an external recorder as well as MF assist and Peaking to adjust focus to exact preferences aswell as Preset Focus options which enhance control. The camera also offers Picture Profile options and S-Log2, as well Time Code / User Bit features, which are extremely useful for multi-camera shoots.
Full Range of Accessories
To maximize the potential of RX0, a host of new accessories are available that support new and different ways of shooting. These include the VCT-CGR1 Cage for increased system flexibility, the MPK-HSR1 Housing, enabling the RX0 to be taken down to depths of up to 100 meters underwater 15 , the CPT-R1 Cable Protector, VF-SPR1 Spare Lens Protector, VFA-305R1 Filter Adaptor Kit which includes filter adaptor, lens hood and MC protector, Rechargeable Battery Pack and ACC-TRDCJ Accessory Kit.
The new compact RX0 camera is expected to be available in October 2017.
- SENSOR TYPE
- 1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor RS™ CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- NUMBER OF PIXELS (EFFECTIVE)
- NUMBER OF PIXELS (TOTAL)
- Approx. 21.0 Megapixels
- LENS TYPE
- ZEISS Tessar T* Lens, 6 elements in 6 groups (6 aspheric elements)
- F-NUMBER (MAXIMUM APERTURE)
- F4.0 (Fixed)
- FOCAL LENGTH (F=)
- f=7.7mm;Still Image3:2 f=24mm;Still Image4:3 f=26mm;Still Image16:9 f=25.2mm;Still Image1:1 f=30.7mm
- FOCUS RANGE (FROM THE FRONT OF THE LENS)
- Approx. 50cm (1.7 ft.) to Infinity
- OPTICAL ZOOM
- CLEAR IMAGE ZOOM (STILL IMAGE)
- CLEAR IMAGE ZOOM (MOVIE)
- SCREEN TYPE
- 3.8cm(1.5type)(4:3) / 230,400 dots / Clear Photo / TFT LCD
- BRIGHTNESS CONTROL
- Manual(5 steps) / Sunny Weather
- MS ASSIST MAGNIFICATION
- SCREEN TYPE/NUMBER OF DOTS
- IMAGE PROCESSING ENGINE
- Yes (BIONZ X™)
- FOCUS MODE
- Single-shot AF;Preset Focus;Manual Focus
- FOCUS AREA
- Wide (25 points(contrast-detection AF));Center;Flexible Spot (S/M/L);Expanded Flexible Spot
- LIGHT METERING MODE
- Multi Pattern; Center Weighted; Spot
- EXPOSURE COMPENSATION
- +/- 3.0EV, 1/3EV step
- ISO SENSITIVITY (STILL IMAGE)(RECOMMENDED EXPOSURE INDEX)
- Auto(ISO125-12800, selectable with upper / lower limit),125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO80/100),Multi-Frame NR:Auto(ISO125-12800), 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600
- ISO SENSITIVITY (MOVIE)
- Auto:(ISO125Level-ISO12800Level, selectable with upper / lower limit), 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800
- MINIMUM ILLUMINATION (MOVIE)
- Auto:6lux(Shutter Speed 1/30")
- WHITE BALANCE MODES
- Auto; Daylight; Shade; Cloudy; Incandescent; Fluor.: Warm White; Fluor.: Cool White; Fluor.: Day White; Fluor.: Daylight;Underwater Auto;C.Temp./Filter;Custom
- WB MICRO ADJUSTMENT
- YesG7 to M7,57-stepA7 to B7,29-step
- ELECTRONIC SHUTTER
- iAuto(1/4" - 1/32000) / Program Auto(1/4" - 1/32000) / Manual(1/4" - 1/32000)
- IMAGE CONTROL
- Contrast;Saturation;Sharpness;Creative Style;Color Space(sRGB / Adobe RGB);Quality(RAW / RAW&JPEG / Extra fine / Fine / Standard)
- NOISE REDUCTION
- high ISO NR:Normal/Low/Off;Multi Frame NR: Auto, ISO 200-25600
- DYNAMIC RANGE FUNCTIONS
- Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0–6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- SHOOTING MODE
- Program Auto;Manual Exposure;MR(Memory Recall) [body 3 sets / memory card 4 sets];Movie Mode(Intelligent Auto);Movie Mode(Program Auto);Movie Mode(Manual Exposure);HFR Mode(Program Auto, Manual Exposure);Intelligent Auto;Superior Auto
- CONTINUOUS SHOOTING SPEED (MAXIMUM) (WITH MAX. RECORDING PIXELS)
- Speed Priority Continuous Shooting: approx. 16fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 5.5 fps
- 10 s / 5 s / 2 s / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable/Bracketing shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable
- DRIVE MODES
- Single;Continuous shooting;Speed priority continuous shooting;Self-timer;Self-timer(cont.);Cont.-bracketing;Single-bracketing;White balance bracketing;DRO bracketing
- PICTURE EFFECT
- Still Image:Pop Color;Posterization;Retro Photo;Soft High-key;Partial Color;High Contrast Mono.;Soft Focus;HDR Painting;Richtone Monochrome;Miniature;Watercolor;Illustration;Movie:Pop Color;Posterization;Retro Photo;Soft High-key;Partial Color;High Contrast Mono.
- CREATIVE STYLE
- Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
- PICTURE PROFILE
- Off/PP1-PP7(Black Level, Gamma(Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- FOCUS TYPE
- Contrast-detection AF
- NUMBER OF RECOGNIZED SCENES
- Still Image: Superior Auto: 10 / iAuto: 10;10
- COMPATIBLE RECORDING MEDIA
- Memory Stick Micro;Memory Stick Micro (Mark2);microSD Memory Card;microSDHC Memory Card;microSDXC Memory Card
- RECORDING FORMAT
- Still Image:JPEG(DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.31,MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format);XAVC S;AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible;MP4
- RECORDING FORMAT (MOVIE AUDIO)
- XAVC S:LPCM 2ch;AVCHD:Dolby® Digital(AC-3) 2ch(Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator);MP4:MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- COLOR SPACE (STILL)
- sRGB, Adobe® RGB
- STILL IMAGE NUMBER OF RECORDED PIXELS (IMAGE SIZE)
- Still Image:3:2mode:15M(4,800×3,200) / 7.7M(3,408×2,272) / 3.8M(2,400×1,600)、4:3mode:14M(4,272×3,200) / 6.9M(3,024×2,272) / 3.4M(2,128×1,600) / VGA,16:9mode:13M(4,800×2,704) / 6.5M(3,408×1,920) / 3.2M(2,400×1,352),1:1mode:10M(3,200×3,200) / 5.2M(2,272×2,272) / 2.6M(1,600×1,600)
- RecordingNTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode XAVC S HD:50p 50 M (1,920x1,080/250fps), 50p 50 M (1,920x1,080/500fps), 50p 50 M (1,920x1,080/1000fps) / 25p 50 M (1,920x1,080/250fps), 25p 50 M (1,920x1,080/500fps), 25p 50 M (1,920x1,080/1000fps), NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode XAVC S HD:60p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps)、60p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps)、60p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps) / 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps)、30p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps)、30p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps) / 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps)、24p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps)、24p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps)Sensor Readout Number of effective pixelsQuality Priority:240fps/250fps(1,676x942),480fps/500fps(1,676x566),960fps/1000fps(1,136x384)/Shoot Time Priority:240fps/250fps(1,676x566),480fps/500fps(1,136x384),960fps/1000fps(800x270)
- STILL IMAGE NUMBER OF RECORDED PIXELS (IMAGE SIZE) DURING MOVIE
- INPUT AND OUTPUT TERMINALS
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI, Microphone jack(3.5mm Stereo mini jack)
- Yes(IEEE802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band))
- Yes (Bluetooth Standard Ver. 4.1 (2.4 GHz band))
- POWER SOURCE
- DC3.7V(supplied battery) / DC5.0V(supplied AC Adaptor)
- BATTERY SYSTEM
- Rechargeable battery pack NP-BJ1
- POWER CONSUMPTION (CAMERA MODE)
- Approx. 1.3W
- USB CHARGE/USB POWER SUPPLY
- Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- BATTERY LIFE(STILL IMAGES)
- Approx. 240shots / Approx. 120min
- BATTERY LIFE(MOVIES ACTUAL SHOOTING)
- Approx. 35min.
- BATTERY LIFE(MOVIES CONTINUOUS SHOOTING)
- Approx. 60min.
- PLAYMEMORIES CAMERA APPS
- SHOOTING FUNCTIONS
- Eye AF;Face Detection;Face Registration;Grid Line;WB Bracket;DRO Bracketing;MF Assist;Peaking;Zebra;Marker Display;Audio Level Display;TC/UB;Photographer Name & Copyright;ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed;PC Remote Control;Gamma Disp. Assist;Flip
- PLAYBACK FUNCTIONS
- BRAVIA Sync(Control for HDMI);9/25-frame index view;Slide Show;Forward/Rewind (Movie);Delete;Protect
- TRILUMINOS COLOR
- 4K IMAGE OUTPUT
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE
- 0 degrees C. - +40 degrees C. / 32 degrees F. - 104 degrees F.
- Yes (IPX8 equivalent)
- Yes (2.0m/6.5ft MIL-STD810G C1 Method516.7-Shock)
- Exif Print;PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)
Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D)
- 59.0x40.5x29.8 mm(2 3/8 in. × 1 5/8 in. × 1 3/16 in.)
- WEIGHT (CIPA COMPLIANT)
- Approx. 110g (3.9oz.)(Battery and microSD Memory Card are included) / Approx. 95g (3.4oz.)(Body Only)
What's In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BJ1
- AC AdapterAC-UUD12
- Micro USB cable
- Wrist Strap
- Memory card protector
- Instruction Manual