David was a pioneer in making true-colour astronomical photographs from black and white plates taken in three separate colours. His photographs have been widely published and have been on the covers of hundreds of books and magazines including LIFE and National Geographic. His work also graces a series of Australian postage stamps. International solo art exhibitions of his work have been held in Australia, Britain, China, France, Italy, India and the USA.
David has published more than 120 scientific papers, a similar number of popular articles on astronomy and photography, and nine books. He is also a popular lecturer. He has received two honorary doctorate degrees from Australian universities for his contributions to photographic science and astronomy. David is currently an Adjunct Professor of Scientific Photography at RMIT University, School of Applied Sciences in Melbourne.
International awards bestowed on David include:
* Henri Chretien Award of the American Astronomical Society, 1985.
* Jackson-Gwilt Medal and Prize of the Royal Astronomical Society, 1985.
* Rodman Medal of the Royal Photographic Society, 1990.
* Progress Medal of the Photographic Society of America, 1993.
* Commonwealth Medal of the Australian Photographic Society, 1993
* University of NSW Press/Eureka Science Book Prize (for "A View of the Universe"), 1994.
* Elected Fellow of the International Academy of Astronautics, 1998
* Lennart Nilsson Prize, 2000
* Hubble Award of the Advance Imaging Conference, 2006
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
|Melbourne||(03) 9672 2222|
|Sydney||(02) 8004 7945|
|Brisbane||(07) 3103 1429|
|Perth||(08) 6102 6382|
|Adelaide||(08) 7200 3773|
|Darwin||(08) 8911 1262|
|Canberra||(02) 6176 0125|
|Hobart||(03) 6107 9442|
|Auckland||(09) 887 0479|
© 2016 michaels camera video digital.